Friday, November 28, 2008

Clara Miranda 1921 - 2008

This has been a very tough year - as you know my mother has been in and out of the hospital since January, this Sunday she passed away. Although I am sad I am also relieved - she had Alzheimer's and really hasn't been herself for a few years now, and this year her condition really deteriorated. She no longer spoke and she did not recognize any of her family. It has been very hard seeing her like that and I am happy that she is now at peace.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went through the same thing a few years ago with my Mom. My sympathies. I know what a relief it is when they finally pass on.

maritza said...

*hugs* My thoughts are with you right now. Sending you lots of love.

Beth said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you.

Kathleen C. said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I know that it is never easy, even when it is time. As it does sound like it was, finally, time.
Good wishes are sent your way for the heart's peace and rest.

sulu-design said...

Colette, I know I am coming to this post late, but I wanted to offer my condolences and let you know that you're in my thoughts. I hope you're doing well.