Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Accidents will happen, it's only hit and run

Actually it wasn't hit and run, it was just a fender bender. Last week during the lousy rainy weather we were having, someone cut me off and I hit his rear bumper. So now I have to go to the police station today to get a copy of the accident report to send to my insurance company. Blah! Not what I want to do during my vacation.

Today is my errand day, I have to go the police station, bank, supermarket, drycleaners and drug store - If I get it all done this morning I can spend the rest of this week knitting!

Last week ended really well though - I had a meeting at the Saybrook Pt Inn in CT - I love that place! The weather was perfect - here is the view from my terrace:

IMG_0419
Sunrise on the Connecticut River

The best part is 2 of my managers - it was a joint district meeting - gave me a gift certificate to the Spa! I plan to go back in the Fall with David, maybe for out anniversary in October.

In knitting news, Clue 5 of the Mystery Stole was released Friday and the theme revealed - Swan Lake. The stole will actually end in a wing. I don't think I will make the stole as it is designed - I don't think I want a deep purple swan, but I do love the design and plan to knit it as Melanie designed it at a later date - I am thinking I will knit clues 1 - 4 again and knit a center panel in the feather pattern that is used for the wing then graft the 2 ends to the middle.

Here is an update photo of clue 3:
IMG_0426

3 comments:

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Sorry about the accident...glad you were not hurt. Your bit of R&R looked fablous! The shawl will be georgous no matter how you finish the clues! :)

sulu-design said...

I didn't know a work-related trip could be so fun - great photo!

Micky said...

Your stole is looking amazing.
:)