Sunday, February 03, 2008

It's never enough Part II

Sorry it has been so long - this year has not started off well. Rushing around for the FLA meeting, work crap, kid stuff and then last week the nursing home called to tell me my mother has pneumonia and that they were sending her to the hospital. I have spend this past week driving back and forth to visit and feed her because she won't eat for the nurses. I am feeling worn out and miserable - I had a nasty stomach flu last week which completely wiped me out, on top of all the family stuff - argh.



In an effort to cheer myself up, I decided to knit myself a pair of NY Rangers socks, so I bought a bunch of sock yarn from elann.com - made sure I got Red, White and Blue. Then I went and googles Ranger jersey's and what did I find - a Sean Avery jersey!!! so I had my pattern - I printed out some Knitters Graph paper, drew my design and cast on:

another view

Toe and stripes

Leetch Cupcake 001
My friend Mike's wife made these for Brian Leetch night - we hung out at his house and watched the raising of the #2 Jersey on Mike's 60 HDTV.

Right now the Rangers just scored the go ahead goal against the Canandiens, at least some things are going right this year.

1 comment:

Trixie said...

Now this is an interesting thought...are you making a jersey out of yarn? Or a sock? love the cookie or is it a cupcake?

See how tired I am?