Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Yesterday was a good day, for a Monday

I got taken to lunch by one of my sales reps, met with one of his customer's and solved a billing problem, so it was a good day at work! But, best of all - I have an interview at a Spa next week for a sponsorship - I would be able to treat under the Spa's massage license, so I would get lots of practical experience before I take the boards. I have really missed doing massage on a regular basis, so I am really excited!

Here is a quote from an article in today's New York Times :

"At a time when the White House has portrayed Mr. Bush's 3.5-million-vote victory as a mandate, the poll found that Americans are at best ambivalent about Mr. Bush's plans to reshape Social Security, rewrite the tax code, cut taxes and appoint conservative judges to the bench. There is continuing disapproval of Mr. Bush's handling of the war in Iraq, with a plurality now saying it was a mistake to invade in the first place."

OK - so why did they vote for him? And this:

"The poll reflected the electoral feat of the Bush campaign this year. He won despite the fact that Americans disapproved of his handling of the economy, foreign affairs and the war in Iraq. There has been a slight increase in the number of Americans who believe the nation should never have gone into Iraq. A majority of Americans continue to believe the country is going in the wrong direction, traditionally a warning sign for an incumbent."

It does end on the cheery note:

"Finally, in one bit of presumably good news for a party that is looking for it, Americans now have a better opinion of the Democratic Party than of the Republican Party: 54 percent said they had a favorable view of Democrats, compared with 39 percent with an unfavorable view. By contrast, 49 percent have a favorable view of Republicans, compared with 46 percent holding an unfavorable one."

On the knitting/crochet front - I finished the back and left front of the hoodie for my nephew and I did a few more inches on my capelet.








1 comment:

Michele said...

Hi Colette,

Just wanted to say thank you so very much for my RAOK. I am so touched by your kindness. It really came at a time when I needed it!

Wanted to tell you how much I love your blog. Your 100 list is a little scary because half of it feels like I wrote it. And I tried the Cafe button the right and that was a little scary how bang on it was.

Hope you don't mind that I ganked your hit counter. Also added you to my Brilliant Blogs section.

I'll definitely be back to check out your blog!