Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I can't stand up for falling down...

Thanks to everyone who let me know they are still out there! I will try not to wait another month before posting again.

I had a slight accident Friday night - the Boy Scout Family night was Friday, so I stopped at the Amish Market to pick up 2 lbs of cookies - they have an excellent bakery there. I also picked up a beautiful fresh pineapple on sale. I got home before David and the boys, so I decided to cut the pineapple and refrigerate it before leaving. It was a wonderful, juicy, sweet pineapple. The key word being juicy. I made a mess, pineapple, rind and juice everywhere - I went to get the mop to clean it up and --- whoosh - my left leg slipped out from under me and I heard a pop. I landed on my but in agonizing pain, hysterical laughing because it was so stupid and so me then crying because it hurt so badly. I lay there for about 10 minutes laughing and crying. Finally I managed to crawl over to the living room and lift myself to the sofa.

Fortunately it was just a pull and not an complete tear, but boy did it hurt for a few days. It is much better now - it only hurts when I sit in a hard chair, as long as I keep pressure of it and don't try to sprint I am fine. Embarrassed by fine.

I have been woefully lax in my knitting - I seem unable to finish anything. I have way to many WIP's on the needle's now:

1. Granny Smith
2. Sesame
3. Sapphire Wrap
4. Red Spider Shawl from VLT
5. Simple Scarf in Sea Silk from VLT
6. MS1 - just needs finishing
7. Lace top from White Lies Designs
8. Flower Basket Shawl in hand spun angora from MSW 2005

So, of course I signed up for a KAL - Mystery Stole 3 ( notice WIP #6?)
Oh well - I am nothing if not consistent!


Here is the swatch I did Sunday - it is made from the Colourmart UK Cashmere I won on ebay a few months ago:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I also knit some beads into the swatch because there is an optional bead trim on the shawl. I don't like these beads, the blend in and I wanted something that popped more, so I ordered some more beads from Beadwrangler and Earthfaire - I will see which I like better and use those.


I like the way this KAL works each week a different clue is posted, so you don't know what it will look like till you get to the last clue. You can see the shawls Melanie designed for MS1 & MS2, Leda's Dream and Scheherazade Stole here.

I am planning on going to SnB tonight - I haven't been in a few weeks and I miss everyone a lot. I can work on the Sea Silk scarf - I am about 1/2 way done and it lace is easy enough to do while talking and drinking coffee.

4 comments:

sulu-design said...

Yikes! Sorry to hear about the fall. But thrilled to hear that you'll be at knitting tonight. See you there!

Nancy Wetmore-Mathews said...

Ouch that sounds like the kind of falls I have. Lot's of WIPs. Oh well at least you can grab something for any mood!

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Sorry about the fall. Glad you are feeling better.

Your swatch looks great...that yarn really looks lovely. :)

itgirl said...

but where are you?