Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Love Lies Bleeding in the sand

I started this scarf Thanksgiving night after diner and coffee - it was a quiet holiday, just David, my brother Joseph and my stepson Jeff.

After we ate and I had cleaned up I was feeling restless and wanted something brite and colorful to work on. Earlier I had downloaded the Fairy Tale Scarf pattern from Interweave Knits earlier and I still had the red Anne I bought in Boston last year - as so this project was born:

Christmas Scarft 002

While knitting this I kept humming Love Lies Bleeding by Elton John - he was on my mind because I had seen him on Spectacle with Elvis Costello last Wednesday.

I had quite a few problems at first - you can see some of the mistakes it the picture. I kept getting confused on switching from the border to the center when knitting on the wrong side. The center panel is lace knitting - patterned on both the right and wrong side - I had a really hard time with the ssp - I can ssk no problem, but no matter what I did I couldn't get my hands to slip slip purl! So I just turn the piece around and ssk then turn it back and continue the purl row. The border is patterned on the right side and purled across on the wrong side. I still have to refer to the chart to remember what / and \ mean when doing them on the wrong side.

Minor problems aside though, I am enjoying this and hope to have it finished so I can wear it for Christmas.

I have been working on the baby blanket for my boss. I really love this yarn and the pattern is a pleasure to knit, but just following the doily pattern looks like it will be too small. There is an extension pattern available from Mary White it is available on Ravelry. I am planning to order it tis weekend and finish it up within the next 2 weeks - I figure I only need to add 1 extra repeat for it to be big enough.

I started the Spanish Moss Coat from Interweave Crochet - I am using the mohair I bought from Colourmart a so far I have about 20% of the back done:
Dec08 006

I am enjoying the crochet for a change.

No comments: