Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Warning: Photo Heavy

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July. We had lots of fun in Baltimore, we left Friday morning, picked up the boys from their mother's and headed down. Man was it hot on Friday - over 93 in MD and humid. Saturday and Sunday though were really nice, sunny, warm and not so humid.

Saturday we took the boys to the B&O Railroad Museum - David is a major railfan - all our trips involve trains one way or another! It was really quite lovely - they had a roof collapse last winter and major renovation work was done. Here is a picture of the Round House all decorated for the 4th:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

and a few pictures of the family:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here are a few pictures of David's father's house:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I love staying there - even though we are right outside of Baltimore - it feels almost rural and very peaceful.

We returned home on Sunday - David had to work yesterday. I spent all day catching up on my emails and reading blog lines. I was surprised to find I had won 2 blog contests! 2 balls of red Debbie Bliss Soho from knitorious and a beady prize from MinxKnits for correctly guessing her necklace was beaded butterfly wings. When I saw it - it reminded me of the Butterfly Museum in Key West.

I also finished reading Every Which Way But Dead by Kim Harrison. It is the 3rd book in the series and I have really enjoyed them all. If you like SciFi/Fantasy you should check them out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right, Friday was miserable! I live right outside of Baltimore and it was horrendously hot! Glad you had fun in "Charm City." :)

Heather Cox said...

Great pics, looks like a fun holiday! Hope you have fun in Zion in September too.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a fun trip!

I made a batch of the pistachio cupcakes from the recipe you linked on your site. They were sooo good, thanks for sharing the recipe!

Sounds like you have traveled quite a bit- my husband and I got married in Key West and visited the Butterly House- what a beautiful, serene place!
Your reveal package will be in the mail soon... Found out today that I have to spend all next week in Portland for business but should be able to get it mailed the week after.

Take care
Your CV Secret Pal