Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Figs and leaves and autumn sun

My yarn from Sundara came today:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Isn't it lovely - the color reminds me of a bowl of fresh figs. The color is the picture is a little too bright the yarn is actually much subtler in person. This yarn is so soft and cushy and knits like a dream, I am knitting the swatch now and will post pictures shortly.

On another note - I have joined the International Scarf Exchange 3 - I was a part of both 1 and 2 - the first time I received a lovely loopy scarf in red/black Point 5, # 2 flaked on me and I never received anything, I should have let the organizers know, but I heard from her and she told me she was sending it late so I didn't say anything, but never got the scarf either. I had fun making the scarf for my partner - it was in elann's baby cashmere and I was really pleased with how it turned out. I enjoyed being part of the exchange and that's all that matters, so I signed up for round three.

Tomorrow I will be in Hartford all day, I am hoping I get back to the city by 6 - it is a 2 hour drive from my home to Hartford. I want to get home and work on my new yarn - I want to get it set up before I leave for NJ next week. A whole week at the Doubletree hotel and conference center - oh joy! At least I will have something gorgeous to work on at night!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hate it when poeple don't get anything in exchanges. That yarn looks heavenly!

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

The color is divine! I can't wait to see what you make of it!

Ruinwen
:)

maritza said...

That yarn looks lovely! Yummy stuff there.

Melissa said...

glad to see the yarn showed up on time! i love what she dyed up for you and can't wait to see it in person! it will look lovely in the pattern.

Anonymous said...

Oh, this yarn looks so awesome - can't wait to see what you're going to make with it!