Thursday, December 14, 2006

On his face is a map of the world...

I really hope that I don't have enough lines on my face to look map like. After all the money I spend on face creams, I would be really pissed.

Yes it is that time of the year again, just 5 more days and I will be 45. God that looks so strange. When I was younger, I never thought much beyond turning 40 and even that seemed like an eternity away: 2001, a new century - who even knew if the would be a world - what with Y2K and all. But that came and went all uneventful like and now 45 - shouldn't I have grown up by now?

Last night I got home from work and there was a box waiting for me - I thought it was an order I placed with elann, so I just moved it aside while I made supper. When I finally looked at it, I realized it wasn't from elann, but from Sudara! It was the finished copy of the Tatami Pattern and a thank you for being a test knitter.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
See how pretty it was wrapped! Inside the pattern looked like this:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And that gorgeous hank of caramel-y goodness - Lace Weight Silk!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
What a lovely thank you gift!
I am counting it as my first birthday present.

David asked what I wanted for my birthday, I said Jared Leto, I am not holding out much hope.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for sundara! What a wonderful package to come home to! That yarn is beautiful.
By the way, I think you can do better than Jared Leto. Gawker has proclaimed him to be "the biggest douche in the universe." I know a couple of people who have actually met him who can back that up with actual witness accounts of his supposed douchebaggery.

Michele said...

Growing up is definitely a requirement of my adulthood so I support your perpetual youth!

If you figure out how to get Jared Leto, can you let me know? I'd like to arrange for Matt Damon.

Happy Birthday!!!

Melissa said...

oh good! i'm glad you got your package from her! did I do good on advising her what you like! :)

i still haven't gotten my final copy of the pattern yet though! you beat the designer!

Happy B-day!