Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Dust in the Wind

I am sitting in my office, eating my lunch and listening to Q104.3 on my computer and Dust in the Wind starts playing and I realize that on this date in 1979 I graduated from Stella Maris HS in Rockaway Beach.

You are probably asking "Why would that song remind you of your HS graduation?" Well dear readers, that song was picked out as our class song for Ring Day. For some unknown (and probably alcohol influenced) reason the ring day committee thought this was an appropriate song for a bunch of Catholic School girls leaving the safety of an all girl HS and going out into the real word.

Same old song
Just a drop of water in an endless sea
All we do
Crumbles to the ground, though we refuse to see
Dust in the wind
All we are is dust in the wind, ohh

Makes you want to run right out there and live it up, doesn't it?

Now, don't hang on
Nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky
It slips away
And all your money won't another minute buy
Dust in the wind
All we are is dust in the wind
All we are is dust in the wind

Yeah - that was a real happy day!

Anyone wonder why I never looked back on HS with fondness and nostalgia?

On the knitting front - worked another pattern repeat on the lace leaf shawl - I can't wait to wear this - it yarn has such a lovely drape.

I worked a little on the Mystery Stole, but not enough to show any real progress.

This past weekend was the Boy Scout Family Picnic in Hempstead Lake State Park and I fun time was had by all - I brought my knitting and spent much of the afternoon in a comfy chair under a shady tree - heaven!

I made these to take and everyone loved them! I made about 100 mini cupcakes and they were all gone by 3:00pm. These were really yummy - I want to try them with different cake mix pudding combos. The cupcakes were moist and light and really really good!

Tonight I am taking David to Target to pick out his Father's Day gift and I want to look around and see want fun stuff is to be had. I love Target - it's like those 5 & 10 cent stores I loved as a kid - I always find something I want in Target.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I graduated in '79 too but I've forgotten our class song. However, I graduated in Kansas so "Dust in the Wind" was probably right up there on the list. hehehe

The movie we watched at the all-night party was, "Monty Python & The Holy Grail."

Now THAT I have on DVD! :::Grin:::

Trixie said...

Oh no ! I someone in blog land a Target gift card which is sitting on desk. I went away for a week and totally forgot. Then I got home and read your blog and remembered. Yikes ! Need to get that mailed tomorrow. Thanks, Colette, for reminding me. You're a gem !