Monday, January 09, 2006

Secret Pal 7

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
No, I'm not a snob - I just don't like icky yarn - as long as it is soft I am happy
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
No - But I want to learn to spin - I do crochet
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Whatever is handy
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned to knit when I was about 8, so it has been 36 years - intermediate
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, The link is on my sidebar
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Lavendar, citrus, green scents - no florals, no fruity sweet scents - I like clean
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Teeth - I have sweet teeth Favorite candy? Chocolate
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I crochet and make beaded jewelry
9. What kind of music do you like?
Alternative and Indie Rock Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Yes - I have an MP3 player too.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Green is my favorite - I love autumn colors, purple and teals - don't really like pastels
11. What is your family situation?
I live with my significant other - we have been together for 12 years - we have his twin sons on the weekends. Do you have any pets? No pets - we live in an apt. but are hopefully looking for a house soon
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I love alpaca - I love soft yarns and lace wt yarns Zephyr is a favorite and silks too
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Anything scratchy
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Lace
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Shawls
17. What are you knitting right now?
A cashmere scarf for an exchange
a shrug and 2 shawls for me
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes!
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circular or short straights - hate those 14" ones
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have a swift - best money I ever spent - need a winder
22. How did you learn to knit?
A friend of my mothers taught me
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Only a few months - if I don't finish something I tend to frog it and save the yarn for something else
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Not big on cartoons, I love cats, and bears and pink flamingos
25. What is your favorite holiday?
Holloween (Samhein)
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Dust - only kidding - I love odd cookbooks - local charity and regional ones
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Vogue & Knitters - I have yet to renew Interweave Knits
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Any of the Barbara Walker books and Myra Stahman's and the Icelandic shawl book available from Schoolhouse Press
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Intarsia and Fair Isle
30. Are you a sock knitter?
I have knit 2 pair, but I am not big knitting them, but I love wearing them!
What are your foot measurements?
I wear a size 9 shoe
31. When is your birthday? 12/19

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like we have a lot in common. I'm looking forward to spoiling you!

Your SP7