Thursday, January 26, 2006

Sorry it has been so long since my last post - working is keeping me very very busy. Monday and Tuesday I was at a meeting at Foxwoods - it was fabulous. I even managed to get in a manicure thanks to one of my Account Managers.

When I got home (after a 4 hour drive back from CT - 2 hours to go 9 miles due to construction!!!) I had 2! packages waiting for me - the first one was from my jewelry swap partner from pinkpurpleandorange:

Image hosting by Photobucket from Francesca in Italy. It was wrapped so pretty in this really neat metallic knit fabric and inside was a pretty beaded flower, a leather butterfly pin and a beaded ring - me likes everything!

The 2nd box was from my SP7 - who had emailed me and left comments on my disappearance from the internet - she sent me yummy goodies - dates, chocolate covered almonds, pistachio nuts and olive -mmmm - I am going to make date nut bread as soon as I have a few minutes to find my recipe! Thank you SP!

Image hosting by Photobucket

I even have a FO to show off - I am incredibly pleased with how this turned out - it is the scarf for Celia's International Scarf Exchange:

Image hosting by Photobucket
blocking - it is well over 6' long

Image hosting by Photobucket
close-up

I used 4 ball of elann baby cashmere - it is so soft and silky next to you skin. I hope my exchange partner loves it as much as I do. The pattern was very simple to follow and after the first few repeats I didn't even need the chart anymore. I would really like to make myself one a little wider - more of a stole than a scarf.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Hey Colette - I love Love LOVE the scarf! What pattern did you use? I may have to make one for myself - I'll add it to my already-quite-long-and-ever-growing wanna knit list.

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

The scarf is beautiful! I love the pattern! You did a wonderful job!

Ruinwen
:)