Thursday, December 16, 2004

No catchy title today

I have to go home tonight and finish cleaning the apt so we have some place to put the tree. David is home trying to fix his computer. We have a major spyware invasion, seems like some site the kids visit causes major problems with the computer. He has to reformat the hard drive to get rid of the worms and whatever other crap got through. This will be the 3rd time this has happened so the boys won't have web access anymore. They have plenty of games and spend too much time on the computer anyway.

I am not getting used to his new schedule and don't like him being out on patrol after midnight, but there is good news on the horizon, his captain has said he will see about putting him back on days after the new year. Of course that won't help with my birthday or the holidays, but it is better than February or never.

I have lots of baking to do this weekend - I want to make cookies to give out to co-workers and friends. I love making cookies. I want to put them with the Christmas gifts for my girlfriends. We are getting together Sunday for brunch and gifty exchange. I was thinking of knitting each of them cotton sacks with yummy soaps, but I don't know if I can get them done by Sunday.

A few people have asked for the pattern for the silk crochet capelet. I will try to post the instructions tonight. It not really a pattern, just more of a guideline and stitch directions.

later....

2 comments:

Marvie said...

It's that darned Mercury. Been causing my computer to act up too, as well as a few other people I know of. Goes back to normal on the 20th tho thank the Goddess! I keep telling hubby to wait till then to do anything else to my machine. He just looks at me and says "Whatever you say Dear" *g* I do love that heheh

Good luck with the reformat. It's such a pita. I hate having to do it.

Beth said...

I don't know how long cotton sacks will take to knit, but I've been doing cotton face cloths to give with bars of goats milk soap as gifts.

Good luck!
~Beth
http://diamondsnpurls.blogspot.com