Sunday, August 29, 2004

Did mucho shopping yesterday, met by best friend Marilyn for lunch and shopping. Went to Smiley's first though because she asked for a poncho for Christmas this year and I wanted to pick out some stuff to show her. I bought 3 skeins of Encore DK in dark sage, medium sage and pale sage - knit up together they give a nice tweedy look - Marilyn loved it and at $1.99 each I won't blow my budget.

I also bought 365 Knitting Stitches a Year - cool little perpetual calendar, found some really pretty stitches in there I want to try. I want to make a few more poncho's and I was thinking of trying out some stitches and creating the 2 long rectangle sewn together type poncho's out of my stash yarn - I have some beautiful blue/green peace fleece in sport wt that I think would look great. Marilyn and I tried on some ponchos yesterday and I really like the way they looked.

My ponshawl (thanks Alison) is almost finished - I sooooo love the way this looks - I hope it looks that good on.

I have the apt to myself today - a rare treat - the NYPD has David working 12 noon to 12 midnight till the convention is over - so I will be spending my evenings home alone - lots of knitting time, but I will miss him.

No comments: