Monday, November 20, 2006

I have always been a dreamer, hide my head among the clouds

There is an upside to being downed by a cold - I lost almost 4 lbs this week which puts me just shy of 20 - who knew sleep and Nyquil are as good as a few days at the gym!

To Victoria - yes I would definitly recommend Victorian Lace today for newbies - there are a lot of simpler lace scarf patterns that are lovely. I have a few marked off that I plan to make.

and because I did spend the last few days in bed and haven't got a lot to say, I stole this from another blog:

48 things
1. FIRST NAME? Colette

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? My mother – her name is Nicolette (though everyone always called her Clara, except my grandmother, who called her Colette)

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Last night during a commericial

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? No I think I have terrible handwritting

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? I don’t really eat lunchmeat – I like hot lunches mostly.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I don’t know – I would like to think I would like me, but …….

7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? My blog – I do have written journals going back to grade school though.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes I do

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Probably

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Oatmeal with brown sugar and nuts and raisons

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Only if I have to

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Physically, no – mentally, mabe

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Coffe

14. SHOE SIZE? 8 1/2

15. RED OR PINK? Green

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Procrastination, Messiness, Crankiness

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? The people I no longer see

18. WHAT FOOD WILL GET YOU OUT OF BED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT? Chocolate, coffee

19. WHAT COLOUR TROUSERS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Brown skirt, cream sleeveless shell and Moss green sweater with brown shoes

20. LAST THING YOU ATE? Lean Cuisine Chicken Ceasar bowl

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Taking Back Sunday

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Green

23. FAVORITE SMELL? Lavendar

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
One of my account managers.

25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Their hands

26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON YOU STOLE THIS FROM? I do.

27. FAVOURITE DRINK? Iced tea and lemonade

28. FAVOURITE SPORT? Hockey

29. EYE COLOUR? Hazel

30. HAT SIZE? Medium

31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? I used, now I just wear glasses

32. FAVORITE FOOD? Too many to choose just one

33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings. I can't do scary at all.

35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Fall – I love sweater weather

36. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs

37. FAVOURITE DESSERT? Creme brulee.

38. WHAT SIDE OF THE BED DO YOU SLEEP ON AND WHY? Left, because David insists on sleeping closest to the door. When alone I sleep in the middle

39. IF YOU DIDN'T MAKE THE DECISION TO GET MARRIED AND HAVE A FAMILY, WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING TODAY? Well, I am not married and I don’t have any kids of my own – just David’s 2 who are my step children, so I guess I would be doing exactly what I am doing.

40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Scandal Takes a Holiday by Lindsey Davis and Kushiel’s Scion by Jacqueline Carey

41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? nothing

42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? The Ranger Game

43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Rain, wind chimes

44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? The Beatles, of course.

45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? France

46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? Still searching for it

47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Brooklyn, NY

48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Nobody, I stole it from another blog

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am stealing this from you......consider us anarchists of sorts.....
You sound better than last post......seems the funk has been going around lately

hope you see you tomorrow in your usual bright and cheery mood :-)

congrats on your 4 pound victory!!!

sulu-design said...

Nyquil, huh? It seems to have several great side effects (take it before you get on a plane and even the most obnoxious baby shrieking behind you won't wake you up). Feel better!

Opal said...

Oh you like Jacqueline Carey too? Cool. :-) Congratulations on the 4 lbs! I almost wish I could catch what you have. Almost.