There is an upside to being downed by a cold - I lost almost 4 lbs this week which puts me just shy of 20 - who knew sleep and Nyquil are as good as a few days at the gym!
To Victoria - yes I would definitly recommend Victorian Lace today for newbies - there are a lot of simpler lace scarf patterns that are lovely. I have a few marked off that I plan to make.
and because I did spend the last few days in bed and haven't got a lot to say, I stole this from another blog:
1. FIRST NAME? Colette
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? My mother – her name is Nicolette (though everyone always called her Clara, except my grandmother, who called her Colette)
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Last night during a commericial
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? No I think I have terrible handwritting
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? I don’t really eat lunchmeat – I like hot lunches mostly.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I don’t know – I would like to think I would like me, but …….
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? My blog – I do have written journals going back to grade school though.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes I do
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Probably
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Oatmeal with brown sugar and nuts and raisons
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Only if I have to
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Physically, no – mentally, mabe
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Coffe
14. SHOE SIZE? 8 1/2
15. RED OR PINK? Green
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Procrastination, Messiness, Crankiness
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? The people I no longer see
18. WHAT FOOD WILL GET YOU OUT OF BED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT? Chocolate, coffee
19. WHAT COLOUR TROUSERS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Brown skirt, cream sleeveless shell and Moss green sweater with brown shoes
20. LAST THING YOU ATE? Lean Cuisine Chicken Ceasar bowl
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Taking Back Sunday
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Green
23. FAVORITE SMELL? Lavendar
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
One of my account managers.
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Their hands
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON YOU STOLE THIS FROM? I do.
27. FAVOURITE DRINK? Iced tea and lemonade
28. FAVOURITE SPORT? Hockey
29. EYE COLOUR? Hazel
30. HAT SIZE? Medium
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? I used, now I just wear glasses
32. FAVORITE FOOD? Too many to choose just one
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings. I can't do scary at all.
35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Fall – I love sweater weather
36. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs
37. FAVOURITE DESSERT? Creme brulee.
38. WHAT SIDE OF THE BED DO YOU SLEEP ON AND WHY? Left, because David insists on sleeping closest to the door. When alone I sleep in the middle
39. IF YOU DIDN'T MAKE THE DECISION TO GET MARRIED AND HAVE A FAMILY, WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING TODAY? Well, I am not married and I don’t have any kids of my own – just David’s 2 who are my step children, so I guess I would be doing exactly what I am doing.
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Scandal Takes a Holiday by Lindsey Davis and Kushiel’s Scion by Jacqueline Carey
41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? nothing
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? The Ranger Game
43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Rain, wind chimes
44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? The Beatles, of course.
45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? France
46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? Still searching for it
47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Brooklyn, NY
48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Nobody, I stole it from another blog