Wednesday, November 22, 2006

In a certain light, he looked like Elvis

It is going to be a long slow day today. My phone has hardly rung and no one is emailing me for help, the day before a holiday is always so boring.

Last night was LIC SnB, much fun as usual - Dana was working on her central park hoodie - just beautiful and I am so jealous of her even, fast, knitting, her stitches always look perfect, even the edges. Jolie finished her Hot Lava, I love the color and the yarn, but that is just a ill fitting pattern, she was not happy with it at all. Helen finished these really cool socks with very funky shaping, but they look like the will fit perfectly on the foot. Gwen just learned continental and is practicing on an Alpaca scarf for her brother in law I believe. Mia was working on socks and I was stitching away on LUG, Bert and his wife came, Susan stopped by and Carolyn was back, seaming up the sweater she made for her niece. It was a fun, mostly productive evening. I really love my Tuesday nights!

I joined the Victorian Lace Today KAL - the curved shawl is coming along slowly but steadily, and I am already thinking about what the next pattern will be.

Question and Contest:

My biggest disappointment with my stepchildren is that they are not music fans, I always hoped that when they got old enough I would be able to take them to concerts, so that I would have an excuse for being the oldest person there. But no such luck, the inherited their father's taste (or should I say lack of taste) in music. I was thinking that I would burn a 2 CD set of all the rock songs they should know and love and give it to them for Christmas. So my question to all you music lovers out there - What songs would you add? Drop me an email or add a comment. As an incentive I will have some fabulous prizes to give away to some lucky responders.

Everyone have a wonderful Turkey Day!

10 comments:

Knit Freak said...

seriously 2 cds cant cover it and you know that but 104.3 is having the rock countdown tomorrow there will be more than enough inspiration there.......the beatles, the stones, the who, hendrix, joplin, the clash, clapton, etc etc etc....oh and you have to put free bird on the cd. happy mini turkey day, i'll se you tuesday

Anonymous said...

Led Zeppelin Kashmir, ACDC Back in Black, Pink Floyd, Lynyrd Skynrd Free Bird, Van Halen Jump...that is all the Rock I can think of right now. Have fun!

maritza said...

Oooh oooh! Can I play? I can think of at least 10 that are the basics/must-haves/everyone should know:

10. Led Zeppelin - The Ocean
9. Jane's Addiction - Mountain Song
8. Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze
7. AC/DC - Back in Black
6. Black Sabbath - Paranoia
5. Iggy & the Stooges - Search and Destroy
4. T-Rex - 20th Century Boy
3. Beatles - Helter Skelter
2. anything by Nirvana (although it's grunge - or whatever - alt. rock - it still rocks)
1. anything by the Rolling Stones - I couldn't narrow it down to one You know that 48 things me-me you did the other day? Well for me, the answer would have definitely been the Stones. ;)

maritza said...

P.S. I miss you guys on Tuesday nights. :(

Anonymous said...

Hi there! That CD is a great idea to nudge their minds toward music. I am really fortunate that my kids all love music. They all have CDs of their own already (well, apart from my 1 year old!) So, music content for a classic indespensable rock CD? That will be difficult.

Janis Joplin - Me and Bobby McGee
Can't remember his name right now - American Pie
Cold Chisel - Khe Sanh (It's an Aussie Classic - sorry)

Oh my brain is fried....and the 1 year old is being precious so that is all for now!

ravelling said...

Hmmm...
Cream - White Room
Doors - Light My Fire
Metallica - Enter Sandman
Stones - Brown Sugar
Blue Oyster Cult - Don't Fear the Reaper
Tom Petty - American Girl
Bruce Springsteen - Badlands
Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Under the Bridge
Clash - Should I stay or Should I go?

Am I showing my age?

Melissa said...

sounds like i missed a good time on tuesday! i don't even remember why i wasn't there. i was probably too tired or crazy at the time.

you have some good suggestions there! let's see what else i can think of:

poison (don't laugh!)
elvis costello

and maybe some newer (ok - i'm showing my age - 90's) stuff too?:

pearl jam
nirvana
soundgarden
alice in chains
smashing pumpkins

shazzy said...

ok well My first choices are something from Black Sabbath and Back in Black from AC/DC..... but then I have to go with the next fav some MOTLEY CRUE.... my fav would be Anarchy in the UK and DR Feelgood. These are a must in any kids life ;)... my six yr old is mad for Motley just like us.

Shazzy

sulu-design said...

I was so sad to only stop by - hopefully I catch up with you guys for real this week. I second most of the suggestions above - great idea!

Anonymous said...

It's been a while since i stopped by and i just happened to scroll down far enough to see your request for song suggestons. Better late than never, eh?

I grew up influenced by my Dad's reel-to-reels. Dad is a huge Three Dog Night fan and we kids were "dragged" to many shows.

I'd offer these:

Three Dog Night: Black & White AND Easy To Be Hard

Bob Segar: Turn The Page

Eric Clapton: Promises

John Mellencamp: Authority Song

Cher: Dark Lady

Joni Mitchell: A Case of You

Melissa Etheridge: I'm The Only One

Pat Benatar: Heartbreaker

And i HAVE to add MY favorite...

James Taylor: Fire and Rain

Merry Yule. :)

~Suz~