Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I can I can hear those bells, are ringing joyful and triumphant

Last night was SnB night in LIC. It was also a surprise bridal shower for Kaffia, the lovely owner:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I made chocolate cake, Helen knit a lovely lace garter and Carolyn picked up a bunch of kitchen items off Kaffia's bridal registry. It was fun and I think the bride enjoyed the festivities.

On a knitting note - the Shetland Triangle is finished and making it's way to my scarf pal.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I really enjoyed this pattern and plan to make one for myself soon.

This past weekend was great. Maritza was in from MA, Friday night we went out for Thai and Saturday we met for brunch at Cafe Henri - good food and great company all weekend - perfect!

Sunday night David and I stayed home, ordered in and relaxed on the sofa watch season 2 of Andromeda - a lovely anniversary celebration.

Tonight I am meeting Marilyn for dinner at our favorite Turkish place, she just got back from London and I can't wait to hear all about it.

4 comments:

maritza said...

Ooooh, the Shetland Shawl looks so pretty. You did a knock-out job there. Oh yeah, about that knitalong.... *shrug* I have yet to even cast-on. I was a bad knitalonger.... :)

Opal said...

Your shawl came out really well! You must be so proud!

sulu-design said...

Wow! Your swapee (you're the swapper, she's the swapee, no?) is going to be psyched! That scarf is amazing. Looks like you had a great time last night. Hope to see you and your newest project soon.

Michele said...

I love that Shetland Triangle! Is that from the Folk Shawls book? I'm looking for a reasonably-easy pattern for my first lace shawl. Do you think this one would work?

Happy Friday!