Monday, November 06, 2006

No time to search the world around Cause you know where I'll be found When I come around

I had a lovely weekend. For our anniversary David gave me a gift certificate to Barnes and Nobel, so Saturday I drove over to Forest Hills parked miles away on a block with no meters and headed over to B&N. 3 and 1/2 hours later I walked out with this. I wouldn't have paid for it myself, but it is the perfect gift indulgence! The photos are stunning and there are a few patterns I am actually planning on knitting. The one thing I don't like about this book and others like it - is that the charts and soooooo small. I have to try to photocopy and enlarge the charts so I can see enough to knit it!

I went through every knitting book in the store - there was only 2 others I was tempted by:

Vintage Knits by Sarah Dallas and
Modern Classics by Louisa Harding

I loved both of these and wanted to get all 3 but 1 gift certificate did not cover the cost, so I bought the best eye candy and left before I did more damage to my credit rating. On the way out, I stopped at Starbucks for a Lemonade Iced Tea then walked all over Austin Street window shopping. I also made a stop at Natural - I was looking for Shirataki noodles - they are made from soy and yam flour and are only 20 calories a serving, low carb and low fat, they have a funky smell and the texture is similar to rice noodles. I made a stirfry with broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, some Vietnamese chili garlic sauce, rice wine and sesame oil - it was quite yummy and filling.

Sunday David was off from work so we spent the day together - we drove out to LI - He wanted to go to Trainland - I had so hoped working for the railroad would temper his obsession with trains, but no go - he is addicted as ever. Unfortunately, the store was closed so we headed out to Target, he bought the kids a few for Christmas gifts and some stuff for the house. Then we just drove around the Island for a while - it was a beautiful day for a long drive.

We got home around 5 - I usually go to Carolyn's on Sunday for Scrabble, but I was feeling tired and achy and like a cold was coming on, so I just stayed home and worked on my Natalya's - I finished on and am halfway through the second - If I get some knitting time in tonight, I can have them finished by Tuesday's SnB. Then I can cast on for my Shetland Triangle. I also started frogging the Grannie Smith - I have the KSH in my freezer - this really does work - it comes out much easier when it is cold - once it warms up though it gets harder and harder to pull out, so it is back in my freezer till I get around to ripping the rest out. I bought size 1 circs so I will swatch as soon as I am done frogging.

I will post some pictures as soon as I get around to taking some!

3 comments:

maritza said...

Sounds like you had a lovely weekend. =)
Great book, by the way.

Melissa said...

would working in a yarn store curb your obession for knitting? ;) I feel your pain though, with a dad and fiance into trains I still have some years ahead of me on that one.

glad to hear the freezer trick worked!

sulu-design said...

Sounds like a great weekend. I look forward to seeing what you'll make from the book. I'm curious about those noodles - your recipe sounds yummy.