Thursday, November 02, 2006

You can't always get what you want, but if you try, sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need

Well I found out yesterday that I did not get the position that I applied for. To tell the truth, although I am disappointed, I am not really surprised and I am a little relieved. Not surprised because my getting the position was a longshot - I don't really have the experience needed; and relieved, cause if I did get the job it would have been a lot more work and I would have had a large learning curve to get over as well as dealing with a new manager (who hasn't been hired yet). I said from the beginning that however this turned out I would consider it a learning experience - I set up time tomorrow to speak with one of the people who interviewed me to see what areas I need to work on and what skills sets I need to develop to move up the next time a position becomes available.

In knitting news, I am almost finished with one Natalya fingerless glove - a nice quick easy knit. I will be frogging my grannie this weekend - I want to reknit in a size that is appropriate (I lost 3 more lbs!!) so I am going down a needle size and swatching, swatching swatching till I get it right.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I am planning on casting on the Triangle Shetland for myself also, that was a terrific pattern and after a few rows the chart was completely memorized. Have I told you how much I love knitting lace?

3 comments:

maritza said...

I'm sorry to hear about the work-thang, but congrats on the weight-loss and the lovely fingerless glove.
Perhaps I can finally get my poo together and join you this time for a Shetland Triangle knitalong.

sulu-design said...

What a positive and productive approach you're taking towards the job thing. The gloves are beautiful (great colors, as usual). Congratulations on the continued weight-loss success!

Melissa said...

sorry to hear about the promotion! oh well, another one will come along again and you'll be so ready! keep your chin up!