Saturday, September 04, 2004

I fixed it!!!! I was really unhappy about how my ponshawl turned out and I wasn't sure what to do about it. I finally decided to bite the bullet and cut an opening for my head in the square, and with great fear and trepidation that is what I did - and it worked!!!! I love it!!

I folded it in half marked off where I wanted the neck to be, ran a life line all around - sniped the yarn picked up my stitches and knit 5 rows in the round to make the neck edging and voila! I now have really cool square poncho. I think I want the back a little longer so I am going to knit a few inches in the green wool as a border, but otherwise it is perfect.

Picked up Interweave Crochet yestersay - some very cute things in there - I particularly like the caplet - I have some unknown stash yarn that would be perfect for this. Opps there goes the oven alarm - the birthday cake is ready!

No comments: