Monday, February 14, 2005

Happy Valentine's Day

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I know I enjoyed mine. This was one of those "only once in a while" good weekends. Friday night we took the boys to Sizzler for their birthday - I can't believe they are 13 today - when I met David they were only 21 months old. We had a nice dinner - Sizzler is the boys favorite restaurant - they love the salad bar. They opened their gifts when we got home - they like them all. Saturday I made biscuits and gravy for breakfast - then left the guys home and went shopping. Bought a great new knitting bag (pic later) and stopped at Smiley's just to look - they are having a sale next week so I will buy then. Went to the best Colombian Bakery in Queens for coffee and sweet bread with guava. The best thing about living in NYC is the variety of food that is available everywhere - I wanted the bread for breakfast on Sunday with my new Adagio tea (LOVE their tea)

Sat afternoon, Marilyn and her husband came over, we had a small cake for the boys - and since we hadn't seen each other since before Christmas, we exchanged Christmas gifts too. She is the best - she and Robert bought me Knit & Crochet with Beads and Knitting Without Tears! We all went out to dinner at Pizza Hut. We do not get to spend enough time together, so it was lovely spending a whole evening with them. Sunday started David's vacation, so he was home. I spent the morning at my mothers then David and I drove out to the Island for paint for his models and just drove around enjoying the sunny weather.

Last night I stayed up to watch the Grammy's because I wanted to see Melissa Etheridge, she ROCKED and got to bed way to late and am paying for it this morning. So please forgive the rambling post I did not sleep well last night at all.

No comments: