Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Interview and such

In a moment of insanity I asked itgirl to interview me (I know, I have issues) You should know how this works by now, but if not here are the rules:

1. Leave me a comment saying “interview me.”
2. I will respond by asking you five questions here. They will be different questions than the ones below.
3. You will update YOUR blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

And here are my questions:

1. A question in three parts:
a. Wendy, the Good Little Witch, or Sabrina, the Teenage Witch?
Neither - I prefer Endora
b. Why did Wendy wear Red? Was she really a prostitute? Was she channelling Little Red Riding Hood?
What's wrong with red? You got a problem with red?
Actually she was warding off the evil eye - probably that Sabrina chick - she's such a jealous chit!
c. Were Wendy and Casper having a secret fling on the side?
Why? What have you heard?! They're just friends - good friends, thats all. Really

2. Would you recommend Swedish, deep tissue, both, or neither to someone suffering from respiratory ailments for over a year? I stopped seeing my massage therapist a year ago when I started having my lung problems, and I know sometimes the lymph nodes can be tricky with deep tissue.

I would suggest an Asian style massage focusing on unblocking your channels and harmonizing your qi. This is a lighter style of massage - not deep tissue - that works along the same channels as acupuncture. If you know of a good acupuncture, they should be able to refer you to a MT with expertise in this type of massage. Acupuncture and Chinese herbs can also be helpful for treating lung conditions. There are also western medical massage techniques that are used to clear phlegm from the lungs and clear breathing passages. I can't really tell you too much without seeing you and getting your med history, but I would encourage you to find a good LMT in your area.

3. So I occasionally have a yen to crochet, and then I find myself holding the yarn in my left hand in odd and weird angles, and then my left pinky is crooked up as if I were at high tea with Her Majesty. What's up with that? Why have I been able to knit since I was 7 years old but while I have the ability to crochet, I seemingly lack the grace to do so?
Your pinky isn't supposed to be in the air!!!????!!!
You are asking the wrong girl here - grace is something I have always been lacking. I look like I am holding a knife instead of a crochet hook.

4. How did you manage to lose your Siouxsie shirt? What would you do to get it back?
I think my friend Stephen took it when he was helping me pack - he always coveted it & come to think of it - I haven't seen him in a while, I think he moved back to LA - I could hunt him down - I am planning on going to CA later this year. Hmmmm have to think about that one.

5. How can I learn to start knitting things for myself and not for other people all the time? It's not that I am against knitting for others (mind you, I am really taking my time with knitting the cashmere scarf for Trixie, who, by the way, has a blog of her very own now, everyone go see and say hi to her! Tell her how much you appreciate her letting me stay in her house in DC so I can blog away to my heart's content while I steal her neighbors' bandwidth!), it's just that I have exactly five items I have knit for myself, and one item I have crocheted for myself. What's your secret to equilibrium?

Selfishness.

So if anyone wants to be interviewed - leave me a note.

1 comment:

alice said...

oo do me, do me!