Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Feeling better now

So I stopped cursing and ordered another skein of yarn - I think I may even add a pattern repeat since the stole seems a little shorter than I would like - I will have to see.

My dilemma now is what to cast on next? I have the lovely buttercream yarn from Red Bird - or the fabulous lace wt from Mystical creations the peach not the creamy one. I also have this gorgeous alpaca/angora I picked up at MS&W you can't really tell the color in that picture - it is sort of a brown/black/charcoal heathery color. I am thinking of making another Flower Basket Shawl out of it since I only have 4 oz.

Now that the weather has gotten colder I am wearing more of my hand knits to work. One of my account managers said to me today that he wouldn't recognize me without one of my scarf/shawls on. Today I am wearing this one:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Can I tell you how much I love this yarn? Mountain Colors Weavers Wool - it is no soft and warm and the colors are amazing - I am definitely going to look for some more of this at Rhinebeck this weekend - that is if we don't get washed away getting there.

I also have the 3 skeins of Shepherds Socks I bought in Utah - that would make a lovely shawl too.

Decisions, decisions...........................

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Colette, that shawl is beautiful! It sounds like you've been busy, and that you will be even more busy at the end of the month. I hope everything goes smoothly for you at work, with the new training, and that you find something interesting to cast on. I've recently started knitting lace, partly because of the beautiful stuff on your blog!

Your secret pal.

Anonymous said...

Personaly I like the buttercream. But they are all beautiful. I love your work!

Elisha
sachisunloki@yahoo.com

Micky said...

It is very lovely!
:)