Sunday, October 23, 2005

Who stole my weekend?

I can't believe it is Sunday night already - where did the weekend go? It started ok - David & the boys went to boy scouts and I had the sofa and TV to myself. Nothing like curling up on the sofa with hot cider, my knitting and the Rangers on the tube (yeah I know they lost, but it was a good game and they came very close, if it wasn't for DiPietro we woulda won dat game).

Saturday though was not a relaxing stay at home day - I had to take my mother to the Doctor in the morning then drop her at the day care center, so I could drive Robert to Brooklyn Tech so he could take the H S entrance exam. It was cold and wet and there was so much traffic over by S Portland St - I had to let the poor kid out of the car at Fulton St, and make him walk the rest of the way or he would never have gotten there on time. Then I ran around Brooklyn getting my errands done and finally ended up double parked on DeKalb with all the other parents waiting for the test to end. At least I got to work on my FBS while waiting - I got quite a bit done, the test didn't let out till almost 4pm.

It was too late for me to get back to Ridgewood and pick up my mother so David had to go get her and bring her back to our place - I brought Robert home got him changed into his scout uniform and he and David left to set up for the Troop Annual Pasta dinner. I don't quite understand how this happens, but they make a ton on money at this event - it is $8 per person for unlimited baked ziti and/or ziti with broccoli and garlic - the food is eatable but not really anything special, but the always get over 100 people to show up - this year there was close to 200 tickets sold. I even won a small Liz Claiborne purse in the raffle. I brought my mother - I thought she would like a night out and my brother really needed a free day which is why I had her on Saturday.

Today I had a fun day with my friend Marilyn, we went to Panera Bread for lunch - it wasn't bad - I had a yummy Moroccan Tomato Lentil soup and half a sandwich. Then we went to MGM Shoes - WOW I saw a pair of Kenneth Cole pumps I could've killed for - unfortunately killing some one wouldn't have given me any money to buy them so I had to leave them, but it was hard really hard.

Tonight I am going to watch bad TV and work some more on my FBS. The additional skein of Cascade 220 I ordered to finish the stole I started in Utah has shipped so I am hopping it will come tomorrow so I can finish it and take it to Chicago with me.

1 comment:

Trixie said...

People have a hard time saying no to Scouts. Take WaWa last night for example, shall we ?

Two cub scouts knock on the door at 8PM (a bit late I thought). Turns out they are selling popcorn in tins. FLAVORED corn.

WaWa and I are committed to losing some weight before the baby gets here. So the answer should have been - Can I just give you a donation ?

Instead we have an ottoman-sized tin of CARMEL, CASHEW popcorn coming in three weeks.