Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Happy Anniversary to me!

It was 11 years ago today that I first met David - It was a blind date set up by an old friend of mine from HS. It was also a Wednesday evening and we drove to Little Italy for Dinner, after parking the car and walking to the restaurant (Luna) we ran into on of his friends on patrol - got my first and only ride in a police car that night. We decided to go for a walk after dinner and went over to the WTC - His friend was a Port Authority cop and took us up to the observation deck - this was about 10:30 at night - it was clear and the moon was enormous - I could here van morrison singing "moondance" in my head. It was a perfect night, we were the only 2 people up there (his friend having made a well timed exit) and I KNEW I had found the one. I always wanted to go back to the WTC deck for out future big anniversary's (like last year's 10th) but sadly that is not to be. At least I have the memory.

Back to knitting: Started another pair on mittenettes/wrist warmers out of the Alpaca I bought at Smiley's. They are a combination of this and this - I like the mittenettes but wanted something a little longer. This yarn is so yummy - I love working with it.

NOTE: for some reason the ctrl shift a function is not allowing me to link back to the mittenettes and the voodoo wristwarmers. Anybody know whats up with this?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet story. It sounds so romantic, the moon and everything, I mean. Sorry that you're spot, the WTC, is no more.

Brit (a fellow FiberRAOKer)
www.onmyisland.blog-city.com