Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Secret Pal Questions

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- end/natural fibers)?
Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

No, I am not a yarn snob – I like anything as long as it is soft. I don’t like harsh, or plastic-y feeling yarns

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

I crochet – a lot!

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

Just dust

4. How long have you been knitting?

Off and on since I was 8 about 35 years (ah!)

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Yes Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/registry.html/ref=cm_wl_topnav_books/104-5384589-8645534?type=wishlist

And knitpicks
http://www.knitpicks.com/Cart/WishListView.asp?fa=Y

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

I love lavender and green scents like apple and pear – don’t like berry scents or strong smells

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

Oh yes – I love chocolate and caramel popcorn

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

Crochet, jewelry making, used to needlepoint and cross stitch but find it hard on the eyes

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I love rock and roll especially 80’s music and classic rock

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?

Green is my favorite, I love rich deep colors – autumn and winter would probably be my favorites. I also love teal, aqua and purples

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I live with my SO David and we have his twin boys on the weekends

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

I want to travel around the world, knitting and crocheting as I go. I want to start my own massage/spa and quite my day job.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

I love merino and alpaca, mohair, cashmere of course, anything soft. I like lighter wt yarns – not really crazy about bulky – too heavy and uncomfortable to work with.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I don’t like anything that feels harsh on the hands, really plastic-y acrylics even some cottons.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

Lace and cables – I love the challenge of knitting more complex patterns.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Shawls, wraps, ponchos then sweaters

17. What are you knitting right now?

Flower Basket Shawl from Interweave Knits, Mariah from Knitty, a lace mohair scarf for my sil and a crochet hoodie for my nephew

18. What do you think about ponchos?

I love them as long as they are not too big and long and pointy in the front – I like the ones that are more like capelets and not to 70’s looking

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

Circular

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Bamboo or plastic, but I have nothing against metal

21. Are you a sock knitter?

Not really, I have made a few, but it is not a love of mine

22. How did you learn to knit?

My mothers friend taught me cast on and knit and the rest I picked up by reading

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

About 1 ½ years – I started a sonnet from knitty and ran short of the dye lot for the sleeves so it is sitting there till I can match the color better (jo sharp dk wool aubergine)

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

I like bears.

25. What is your favorite holiday?

Halloween and Christmas

26. Is there anything that you collect?

Cookbooks and yarn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't access your wish lists, can you email them to me?

Thanks,
SP4